San Diego – CA
Account Coordinator for Community Engagement and Public Outreach
A full-service public affairs firm in San Diego has an immediate opening for a full-time Account Coordinator. This entry-level position will support public involvement and outreach activities for public sector clients.
We’re looking for a candidate interested in a career, not a job. Candidates should have the skills to handle multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, show initiative, and work well on project teams and with different project managers. We’re looking for candidates that have great attention to detail and a command of AP style and English grammar. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must. Previous experience at a consulting agency is also a plus, but not required. Most of our clients are government agencies, so familiarity with government operations is desirable.
Some task responsibilities may include:
- Logistical support for public meetings, such as coordinating meeting supplies, vendors and reserving venues
- Building of stakeholder databases, including research to identify target organizations
- Research of stakeholder issues and tracking of media coverage
- Development and proofreading of advertisements, fliers and postcards, including coordinating with vendors for design, printing and placement of notices
- Development and proofreading of fact sheets, posters and other client materials
- Assistance with new business proposals and marketing kits as it relates to environmental projects
- Assistance with general office administrative support when needed
A Bachelor’s degree in a related area, i.e. communication, public relations, public affairs, public policy, urban planning, and 1-2 years of solid work experience is required. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary range is from $31,200 to $35,000.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should indicate experience in related projects and tasks.