La Jolla – CA
Katz & Associates, Inc. is a consulting firm that specializes in public participation, community relations and public affairs. The position requires the ability to manage concurrent multiple projects at any given time. Strong written, verbal, organizational, strategic planning and interpersonal skills are essential. Must be outgoing and assertive, self-directed and detail-oriented, able to multi-task and work in teams or independently, possess excellent time-management skills, and have the ability to travel offsite. Previous work experience in consulting is preferred.
Ideal candidate would:
- Interact regularly with clients on a strategic and tactical level
- Supervise and mentor staff
- Develop public involvement and other types of communication plans
- Manage production of collateral materials, including graphic layout and printing
- Coordinate special events and public meetings
- Draft and proofread news releases, newsletter articles, fact sheets and other client materials as needed
- Participate in community and/or professional organizations
- Conduct media outreach and media relations
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-8 years related experience
- Public affairs agency, community involvement, media and community relations and/or related communication field(s) experience is preferred
- Related experience in government relations, community planning, environmental planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area required
Katz & Associates Inc. is a full-service communication firm headquartered in San Diego specializing in public outreach and involvement for transportation, planning, public works, environmental and social awareness projects. For more information, visit www.katzandassociates.com.
Please send resume and salary requirements. Compensation is commensurate with experience.