The City of El Cajon is seeking an Administrative Intern for the Community Development Department to provide assistance on a variety of projects. Intern assignments are at-will, part-time/seasonal/temporary positions for active students. As such, work hours are limited to 999 hours maximum in a Fiscal Year.
- Performs various administrative, technical, and analytical duties in support of assigned City department including conducting surveys and preparing reports; selects and applies appropriate research techniques to conduct studies and surveys;
- Collects, compiles and interprets data; develops and evaluates the effectiveness of proposals, new programs, procedures and policies; prepares descriptive, analytical and evaluative reports and summaries in a clear and concise manner;
- Consults with City staff, residents, outside consultants, businesses and other governmental agencies; may serve as liaison for the City; represents the City in meetings and conferences;
Monitors the progress of various projects, budgets and contracts; audits, reviews, updates and/or creates department operational policies and procedures for review by management staff;
- Composes correspondence and prepares responses to requests received from the public;
- Maintains department filing systems and records; modifies systems as appropriate;
- Receives, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence; copies and distributes as requested; responds to routine correspondence;
- Assists the public in person or on the telephone; greets office visitors and screens for referral to appropriate official or office;
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.