Job Title: Architect/Facility Planner
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: https://makersarch.com
About the opportunity
MAKERS architecture and urban design, LLP is seeking a creative, independent, and collaborative architect who is interested in working on projects at the early planning stage to support our federal facilities planning team. This is a great opportunity to join a fun, supportive, and employee-focused culture and work on interesting federal and military facility planning projects. If you want to work with a team of listeners, hard workers, innovators, collaborators, and problem-solvers, MAKERS is for you.
Our federal facilities planning work integrates architecture, planning, and communication to help federal agencies and their projects “get off on the right foot.” Projects may include master plans, space requirement plans, space utilization studies, facility condition assessments, and more.
Our ideal candidate will have prior military planning experience and an ability to develop and communicate viable project alternatives for evaluation, including adaptive reuse, repair, modernization, and new construction and lead preparation of capital improvement plans, installation master plans, and site-specific area development plans. The successful candidate will be able to develop planning-level graphics and diagrams, site plans, and 3D site models and effectively communicate concepts and ideas with stakeholders and multidisciplinary team members. Typical tasks may include:
- Developing planning level conceptual plans in AutoCAD.
- Working with team members to develop planning documents.
- Conducting field work to interview stakeholders and gather data.
- Supporting workshop prep by developing presentations and other materials.
- Leading concept development.
- Facilitating charrettes.
This position is based in our San Diego office, although we may consider Seattle-based candidates as well. We support partial work-from-home arrangements with some in-office or client site work required.
- Degree in architecture or landscape architecture.
- Four to five years’ experience in architecture, landscape architecture, facility planning, or a related field.
- AICP, PLA, RA, PMP, or LEED AP credentials or commitment to obtain credentials within one year.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and 3D modeling/rendering; experience with SketchUp or other modeling/design software.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and Microsoft Office.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to conduct field work.
- Excellent graphic communication skills.
Desired skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
Who we are
MAKERS has been a leader in the urban, facilities, and federal planning and design fields for 50 years, consistently taking on and shaping projects that help our clients, communities, and the profession. As a woman-owned small business, MAKERS believes staff with diverse backgrounds enrich and benefit our team, firm, and community. MAKERS offers a dynamic, flexible workplace and the opportunity to have a real impact on our projects and the firm.
This is a salaried, exempt position, with a base salary range of $73,000-$84,000/annually, DOE. MAKERS’ benefits and perks include medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, merit-based bonuses, continuing education funding and more.
A cover letter, resume and portfolio are required. You may either provide a link to an online portfolio or upload work samples. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls/emails please. The position is open until filled. We anticipate a start date in September 2022. Current or future visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please make sure to check your junk/spam folders in case messages from our application system are filtered.
MAKERS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MAKERS will verify employment eligibility with E-Verify.
Link or email to apply: https://makersarch.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=16&source=aWQ9MTI%3D
Apply by date: 08/31/2022