Job Title: Assistant, Associate and Senior Planners
Job Location: Various cities in Los Angeles, Inland Empire, Orange & San Diego Counties
Employer Website: http://civicsolutions.com
Civic Solutions, Inc. is an established, award-winning, well-known and respected firm that is dedicated to city planning and community development staffing and consulting throughout Southern California. With the collective goal of contributing to the improvement of natural and built environments, we embrace collaboration, creativity, and innovation in every aspect of our work. We value and reward our employees with competitive compensation and benefits, including monthly bonus opportunities, and our management team is dedicated to the professional development and career advancement of our staff so that each can reach their full potential. We work both within city halls to assist staff in all aspects of planning, as well as from our corporate and home offices in the preparation of a wide variety of planning projects and documents. We are headquartered in San Juan Capistrano with additional office space in Ontario.
Civic Solutions, Inc. has immediate openings for full-time Assistant, Associate, and Senior Planners.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who enjoys working with a team, can work independently under general direction, has experience working in California, and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as extension of staff to municipal clients, processes discretionary permits, prepares project review letters, notices, staff reports, and makes public presentations.
- Prepares materials in support of zoning updates, general plans, specific plans, community plans, and housing elements.
- Works efficiently on multiple projects under the supervision of a project manager, and is able to prioritize multiple tasks needed to meet deadlines.
- Interprets and applies applicable government codes, ordinances and regulations.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning or City Planning or a closely related field
- Experience in municipal planning and/or consulting: Assistant Planner 2+ years of related experience, Associate Planner 3+ years of related experience, Senior Planner 5+ years of related experience.
- Microsoft Office
Preferred Qualifications for Senior Planners
- Master’s degree in Urban Planning or City Planning
- Adobe, InDesign, GIS
Link or email to apply: email@example.com.
Apply by date: Until filled
Link or email to apply: http://civicsolutions.com
Apply by date: 09/30/2022