Job Title: Assistant Director of Development Services
Job Location: Chula Vista
Employer Website: https://www.chulavistaca.gov
The City of Chula Vista is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Director of Development Services to assist the Director of Development Services in planning, managing and directing the activities and operations of the Development Services Department and to provide highly complex staff assistance to the Director of Development Services.
The major areas of responsibility are:
- Develop, plan and implement department goals and objectives.
- Develop and administer the department budget.
- Oversee the department’s human and financial resources including organizational and staff development.
- Develop, plan and implement development automation and other departmental technology.
- Develop and implement the Development Services Department’s work plan; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor workflow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Provide oversight and support for development project management.
- Confer with and represent the department and the City in meetings with members of the City Council, members of boards and commissions, various governmental agencies, developers, contractors, business and industrial groups and the public.
- Advocate Continuous Improvement (CI) practices in the Development Services area; promote department CI events to improve services to department clients.
The ideal candidate will have the equivalent of six (6) years of increasingly responsible experience in planning, land development, redevelopment, building, code enforcement, development permitting, housing, infrastructure finance, or development project management, including two years of management responsibility AND training equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in planning, architecture, engineering, public administration, business administration, economics, sociology or a related field. A Master’s degree in any of the above fields is highly desirable.
For more information, please view the recruitment brochure here.
To be considered for this position, please submit an official City Application, a comprehensive resume and a letter of interest via our website at www.chulavistaca.gov by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, September 21, 2020.
Link or email to apply: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/chulavista/default.cfm
Apply by date: 09/21/2020