Lemon Grove – CA
Under immediate direct supervision of the Senior or Principle planner, perform a variety of administrative, technical and professional work in any and all planning programs of the city related to development of land and implementation of city land use policies and procedures.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Develops and assists with the development of planning studies and reports in support of new and updated plans, programs and regulations
- Conducts environmental analysis pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Reviews or assists in the review of simple to moderately difficult development proposals and site plans for conformance with codes, plans, and regulations
- Prepares and presents or aids in the preparation or presentation of detailed reports on development proposals to government bodies
- Collects a variety of statistical data and prepare reports and maps on topics such as census information, land use, tax base data, business history and occupancy rates
- Evaluates or assists in the evaluation of rezoning projects or zone amendments, ordinance amendments, site plans, use permits, variances and other proposals
- Acts as liaison between community groups, government agencies, developers and elected officials in developing neighborhood plans
- Coordinates community review of public and private development projects
- Provides information to the public regarding development regulations
- Assists in resolving citizen and customer issues
- Oversees the work of consultants and interns
- Conducts field evaluations and assessments
- Organizes records and files for existing and new projects and programs
- Attends substantial number of evening and weekend meetings
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES
Any combination equivalent to the education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Equivalent to a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a major course work in land-use planning, urban planning, landscape architecture or a related field; and
- One year of planning experience, preferably within a local government environment.
Click the link to see the full classification specification: Assistant Planner
Following a review of applications submitted, the most qualified applicants will be selected to interview for an appraisal of experiences, training and qualifications. Interviews will be held the week of August 28, 2017.
FINAL FILING DATE
A completed City application is required for consideration. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Applications may be filed online at http://lemongrove.ca.gov/departments/human-resources
Applications must be received before 5:30 p.m. on Friday August 18, 2017.
THE CITY OF LEMON GROVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The City of Lemon Grove does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age marital status or disability. Should you require accommodations for testing, please advise at the time of application