Job Title: Project Manager: Urban Design
Job Location: San Diego, Berkeley, or Sacramento
Employer Website: https://www.migcom.com/
MIG—a leading national planning, design, management, communications, and technology firm with over 200 employees in 14 U.S. offices—is seeking a motivated and creative Urban Designer and Project Manager to join our multidisciplinary team in MIG’s Berkeley, Sacramento, and San Diego, CA offices.
We are looking for people who are inspired and driven to create great places.
This position involves leading project teams to create bold and innovative urban design solutions for both public and private sector clients. The ideal candidate will work closely with planners, designers, landscape architects and engineers to develop forward-thinking designs, strategies, reports, analyses, mapping, and graphic materials for projects with clients across the state and country. Typical projects may include streetscape designs, corridor plans, downtown revitalization plans, specific plans, station area plans, transit-oriented development, and neighborhood plans.
Candidates must demonstrate independent judgment, personal organization, excellent communication skills and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, landscape architecture, or related field. Master’s degree in complementary field highly preferred.
- 6+ years of work experience in urban design or a closely related field
- Strong graphics and writing skills
- Proven ability to speak in front of groups and to facilitate small and large group discussions
- Experience in developing marketing proposals and attending project interviews
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup and AutoCAD
- InDesign skills are also a plus, as are bilingual capabilities
The ideal candidate must be able to think critically and creatively; successfully manage projects, work products, and clients; work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment; and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. MIG team members share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities impacted by our work. We value diversity and foster an inclusive workplace.
Salary range will be commensurate with experience. MIG provides a comprehensive benefits program and is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your resume and portfolio with references and a descriptive cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or email inquiries, please. The position is open until filled.