Job Title: Assistant Planner
Job Location: Lemon Grove
Employer Website: https://www.lemongrove.ca.gov
An Assistant Planner performs a variety of administrative, technical, and professional work in any and all planning programs of the City related to development of land and implementation of City land use policies and procedures.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and assisting with the development of planning studies and reports in support of new and updated plans, programs and regulations;
- Conducting environmental analysis pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA);
- Reviewing or assisting in the review of simple to moderately difficult development proposals and site plans for conformance with codes, plans, and regulations;
- Preparing and presenting or assisting in the preparation or presentation of detailed reports on development proposals to government bodies;
- Collecting a variety of statistical data and preparing reports and maps on topics such as census information, land use, tax base data, business history and occupancy rates;
- Evaluating or assisting in the evaluation of rezoning projects or zone amendments, ordinance amendments, site plans, use permits, variances and other proposals;
- Acting as liaison between community groups, government agencies, developers and elected officials in developing neighborhood plans;
- Coordinating community review of public and private development projects;
- Providing information to the public regarding development regulations;
- Assisting in resolving citizen and customer issues;
- Organizing records and files for existing and new projects and programs;
- Attending substantial number of evening and/or weekend meetings; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in land-use planning, urban planning, landscape architecture or related field; one (1) year of planning experience, preferably within a local government environment; possession of a valid Class C California driver’s license. American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification or progress toward AICP certification is highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to make effective presentations. Additionally, he/she must work independently or in a team environment as required by the position.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $5,332.18 – $6,810.67 per month;
- 4-Day work-week (closed every Friday);
- Two (2) weeks of paid vacation per year with increases based on length of service;
- Eleven (11) holidays, plus one (1) floating holiday;
- Twelve (12) sick days per year;
- Long Term Disability – after 90 days of disability, a LTD plan provides a 60% disability income benefit;
- Life Insurance – $50,000 life insurance coverage; AD & D – $50,000 coverage;
- Retirement – California Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) 2% @ 60 or 2% @ 62 formula based upon successful candidate’s PERS status. The City does not participate in Social Security, both the City and employee contribute 1.45% to Medicare;
- Health Insurance – The City provides employees with a $750 monthly contribution for medical, dental, and vision insurance for themselves and their dependents; and
- Other Benefits – 457 deferred compensation plan. Employee
CLOSING DATE/APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
A City application must be filed/submitted to the Human Resources Department at 3232 Main Street, Lemon Grove, CA 91945. This recruitment will remain open until the needs of the City are met. Postmarks are not accepted. Candidates are requested to provide thorough yet concise information on their experience and education.
City applications will be evaluated and candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be invited to participate in the selection process, which may consist of a written exercise and/or oral interviews to be held in the City of Lemon Grove. A City application is available on the City’s Website: www.lemongrove.ca.gov.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Roberto Hidalgo, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 619-825-3848.
Link or email to apply: https://www.lemongrove.ca.gov/Home/Components/JobPosts/Job/1178/
Apply by date: 12/23/2021