Job Title: Assistant Planning Director – TLMA
Job Location: Riverside
Employer Website: https://www.rc-hr.com
The County of Riverside’s Transportation and Land Management Agency (TLMA) – Planning Department has a vacancy for a TLMA Administrative Services Manager (Assistant Planning Director) located in Riverside. The incumbent will provide oversight and supervision to the Planning Department. They will also manage and directly oversee projects, special programs, and consultant contracts for the Planning Department.
The TLMA Administrative Services Manager will assist in planning, organizing, reviewing, and evaluating the activities of the department and will be responsible for interacting with members of the Board of Supervisors and their staff regarding community issues and constituent inquiries. Additional responsibilities will include conducting presentations at a variety of meetings including Board of Supervisors, Planning Commission, and community group meetings. The TLMA Administrative Services Manager will also prepare and analyze complex budgets, prepare ordinances, and manage the entitlement close-out process.
Great customer service and interpersonal skills are key in this position as the incumbent will be required to secure and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues, other departments, stakeholder groups, as well as local, state, and federal agencies. This position requires a seasoned manager with strong writing, public speaking, and analytical skills.
The department desires candidates with a strong supervisory background and prior success as a team leader.
Competitive candidates will possess:
- Planning related educational background.
- Management or mid-level planning experience – planning, organizing, and directing the activities of planning staff.
- Experience with the Subdivision Map Act and CEQA guidelines.
- Project management experience (juggling multiple projects at once).
- Experience in the development of new programs aimed to facilitate long and short term strategies and financial plan objectives.
- Professional certifications preferred, such as AICP, AIA, ALSA, LEAD, or similar.
For consideration please summit resume at www.rc-hr.com
Apply by date: 07/23/2022