Job Title: ASSOCIATE PLANNER
Job Location: Rancho Mirage
Employer Website: https://www.ranchomirageca.gov/
The position of Associate Planner requires professional planning work of moderate difficulty. It is characterized by increasingly specialized knowledge of the planning field and a more elevated level of required duties and responsibilities compared with the Planning Technician and Assistant Planner positions. The Associate Planner is expected to possess in-depth knowledge within one or more planning specialties such as economic development, comprehensive planning, or environmental planning. Although senior planners and supervisors closely review the work of the Associate Planner, planners at this level receive somewhat less immediate supervision when compared to the Planning Technician or Assistant Planner.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities commensurate with the titles of Planning Technician and Assistant Planner.
2. Conducts complex assignments involving current or advance planning projects; confers with applicants and agency representatives, evaluates data and proposes methods to resolve conflicting issues of plan implementation, zoning requirements and environmental impact.
3. Serves as project manager for current or advanced planning assignments and programs, and prepares written staff reports which include related recommendations; prepares and delivers oral presentations to various recommending and decision-making bodies.
4. Contributes to the review and revision of local ordinances; conducts research; coordinates interdepartmental review; schedules public hearings and participates in the discussion of proposed projects.
5. Responds to inquiries, both orally and in writing; interprets planning policies, state laws and local ordinances, and explains procedures; advises the City Council, the Planning Commission, other City personnel, and the public regarding current or advance planning issues.
6. As a designated representative of the department, attends conferences, meetings or other public functions; may provide information or participate in discussions regarding department activities.
7. Prepares plans and ordinances to comply with planning-related state mandated environmental regulations; works with planning consultants on a variety of planning projects.
8. May serve as staff liaison to various Commissions and/or Boards and conduct meetings as necessary.
9. Performs other duties of similar nature and level as assigned to address
organizational needs and changing organization practices.
Education and/or Experience:
A bachelor’s degree with two years of experience in the planning profession or related field (architecture, landscape architecture, public policy, geography, etc.). A Master’s degree preferred.
This is a full-time opportunity with an excellent benefit package which includes the following:
• Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) members – Classic PERS Members – 2%@60 – New PERS Members – 2%@62
• 9/80 Work schedule
• 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
• $75,000 Life Insurance – City paid
• City funded health reimbursement account $6000/family – $3000/single
• City match deferred compensation program
• City paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
• 11 Paid holidays & 2 floating holidays
• 2 weeks paid vacation with higher increments at 2, 6 and 12 years
• 12 Days sick leave
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
For a detailed job announcement and application materials, please visit our website at www.RanchoMirageCA.gov.
Applications should be directed to the attention of Letty Gallegos-Gallardo, Human Resource Specialist at City of Rancho Mirage 69-825 Highway III, Rancho Mirage CA 92270 or e-mailed at Lettyg@RanchMirageCA.gov
Link or email to apply: https://www.ranchomirageca.gov/human-resources/employment-opportunities/
Apply by date: 08/24/2018