Job Title: Associate Planner
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: https://www.rrmdesign.com/
RRM Design Group is currently seeking a full-time Associate Planner to join our team in our Planning and Urban Design team. Our growing firm is looking for an individual who is eager to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative team which offers a great balance of professional fulfillment and fun.
The successful candidate will thrive in a collaborative environment and have a passion for preparing quality work. Desired traits include being proactive, energetic, demonstrates initiative, and eager to be part of a growing and successful team. They will possess excellent problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills; be conscientious; good verbal and written communication skills; experience working on planning projects, including general plans, specific plans, housing elements/implementation, design guidelines, and/or zoning codes. Ideally the Associate Planner would be located in San Diego County, however Orange County or San Luis Obispo County will be considered.
YOUR ROLE LOOKS LIKE:
- Effectively conduct research and analysis of code requirements, laws and ordinances, CEQA, and official records resulting in recommendations and document preparation.
- Write text-based documents such as general plans, specific plans, housing elements, design guidelines, zoning codes, and/or other policy documents.
- Prepare presentation graphics, ArcGIS mapping, workshop materials and assist with public outreach events.
- Ability to understand site and development plans and familiarity with development review processes.
- Assist with project coordination.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills; good verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; experience working on planning projects, including general plans, specific plans, housing elements, design guidelines, and/or zoning codes.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in City and Regional Planning, or other related field.
- Working knowledge of California Planning and Development Law and CEQA.
- Proficient in, Microsoft Office and the Adobe Suite, and particularly with InDesign.
- An understanding of other graphic software programs (e.g. ArcGIS, SketchUp, AutoCAD, etc.) is beneficial.
- Proficiency in Spanish strongly desired but not required.
We’re eager to learn more about your qualifications and interest in joining our team!ABOUT US
Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRMers is paramount to how we run our business. RRM Design Group is a 100% employee-owned multidiscipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Over one-third of our workforce has been with us for a decade or more and we work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state. We value the diversity of intersecting identities, and strive to maintain an environment that is equitable, respectful, and inclusive. We expect our work environments to be places of diverse engagement and informed discourse. Ultimately, we acknowledge that our standards of excellence as a multidiscipline design firm are not separate from the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.WE OWN THIS!
In 2018, RRM accomplished the pivotal goal of transitioning to a 100% employee-owned company. As an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) corporation, once meeting eligibility criteria, RRMers have an ownership interest in the company. This is a direct reflection of our culture, one that is a supportive team. We are all striving to grow this company forward so that we can continue to create projects that promote sustainability and social good, giving back to our communities we live and work in and supporting staff so they can support their families. We are a team working together towards common goals.
BENEFITSRRM takes great care to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our package includes:
- 100% Paid Health Premiums for our Employees (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work arrangements
- 401(k) with an Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, & Long Term Care insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Learning & development program, RRM University (RRMU)
- Mentoring opportunities and clear paths for career growth
- Unparalleled company community and more!
Link or email to apply: https://www.rrmdesign.com/jobs/planning-associate-planner/
Apply by date: 10/31/2022