LA QUINTA – CALIFORNIA
Do you want to be a part of a forward thinking team? Excited about new technology and inventing new ways to get your job done while serving the public? Come join the team, with quality management, a progressive Council, and first class city services. World-renowned as a destination for art, health, golf, and well-being, La Quinta continues to identify new revenue to reinvest in its community to enhance its status as “The Gem of the Desert.” The City has recently updated technology and takes a business approach to running municipal operations by empowering staff to solve problems. City management is customer service focused, rewards high performance, creative thinking, and teamwork leading to professional and personal satisfaction.
SALARY: $5,886 – $7,357/month.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Leads meetings with internal and external customers and stakeholders regarding projects or to address complaints and concerns escalated to a higher staff level.
- Prepares and administers contracts and consultant or franchise agreements, approves billing, ensures service levels and contractual/franchise expectations are met.
- Conducts comprehensive research, keeps abreast of changes in assigned field, performs complex, detailed analyses.
- Prepares and presents complex plans, programs, and technical reports including staff reports for the City Council or Commissions; coordinates/reviews/approves staff input into plans, programs and reports.
- Prepares and monitors budgets and related documents, prepares and manages project schedules, oversees day-to-day program or staff activities.
- Assists in the development of standards, ordinances, regulations, policies and procedures; interprets same.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Positions assigned to Associate Planner may also be responsible for:
- Assisting with preparation of the General Plan and other specific plan documents;
- Researching, reviewing and analyzing environmental, social and economic data related to planning, land use and community development;
- Meeting with the development community to review proposed projects;
- Knowledge of principles of land use planning and development; and
- Knowledge of demographic, environmental, social, economic and land use concepts.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree and, as assigned, four (4) years’ experience related to area of assignment. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Requires a valid Class C California Driver’s License.