Job Title: Associate Planner (Active Transportation)
Job Location: Coronado
Employer Website: https://www.coronado.ca.us/
This Associate Planner position will maintain some General Planning and Zone Code maintenance responsibilities but will have a focus area of Active Transportation, which involves ensuring that safe and convenient opportunities of travel exist by expanding access to transportation networks for people with or without cars. Community Development works to provide safe transportation facilities for everyone in order to ensure equal access to mobility and grow healthy communities. This position will serve as the technical expert to the Bicycle Advisory Committee, SANDAG Active Transportation Working Group, and other boards, commissions, and committees.
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of principles and practices of current and advanced urban planning and zoning, in addition to transportation planning, development, adoption, and implementation. The ideal candidate will have high ethical and professional standards, strong organizational skills, the ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize, excellent communication and customer service skills and will have experience interpreting and applying municipal, legislative and government processes as they relate to planning and development projects. The ideal candidate will also possess a professional history that demonstrates the following necessary leadership competencies and attributes:
- Organizational awareness and ability to anticipate sensitive issues that could impact the community
- Prepare and conduct effective public and committee presentations
- Interpret and apply federal, state and local laws, codes, standards and regulations governing general plans, zoning, land use, permit processing, subdivision and related planning functional area
- Strong knowledge of City development review procedures and requirements.
- Methods and techniques of conducting site and field investigations and assessments.
A completed City of Coronado employment application and resume must be received by the Human Resources Division by 11:59 PM PST on Sunday, February 24, 2019. Applications must be submitted through our website and will be reviewed on the basis of relevant education, training, and experience.
Apply by date: 02/24/2019