Job Title: Associate Planner (Full-Time)
Job Location: Rancho Santa Fe
Employer Website: www.rsfassociation.org
The Rancho Santa Fe Association manages the community of Rancho Santa Fe. The Association was incorporated in July of 1927 as a California nonprofit corporation for the purpose of managing the planned community of Rancho Santa Fe. In 1928, property owners entered into a mutual agreement to preserve and maintain the character of the community and its rare landscape features. That mutual agreement was called the “Protective Covenant”, which remains as the principal governing document for the community. Although technically a Homeowners Association, the Rancho Santa Fe Association functions very much like a small city, with a building department, planning department, parks and recreation department, and 24-hour-a-day security services.
The Associate Planner position report directly to the Association’s Building Commissioner and is responsible for:
- Current planning functions, including: architectural design review and site planning analysis for commercial and residential development, subdivisions, boundary adjustments, lot mergers, annexations, Covenant modifications, and variances;
- Researching and providing information on application processing, land use, governing documents, and other related questions from staff, decision-makers, the membership, realtors, and land use professionals;
- Special projects in support or furtherance of Association policies and goals;
- Reviewing and analyzing regional plans and projects that have local impacts and generally tracking development in adjacent jurisdictions;
- Amending and updating the Regulatory Code and other Association publications, guidelines, procedures and maps;
- Keeping, maintaining, and updating Association members’ property records, including associated map files and plans;
- Organizing and maintaining Association files regarding general building, planning, and land use projects overseen by the Association;
- Representing the Association at meetings of other jurisdictional entities as directed, which may include occasional evenings;
- Executing and managing consultant contracts;
- Staffing assistance to Association ad hoc, standing committees, community groups and organizations as directed;
- Organizing and conducting special meetings, workshops and hearings; and
- Performing site visits with committee members on a routine basis as preparation for routine Covenant Design Review Committee meetings.
- 3 to 5 years of broad planning experience with an understanding of technical and general land use planning principles;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Urban Planning, City and Regional Planning, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- A valid California class C driver’s license;
- Knowledge of general land use planning and zoning principles;
- Experience with Architectural plan sets, including the ability to easily understand: site plans, grading plans, landscape plans, floor plans, roof plans, and elevations;
- Effective customer service skills;
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office suite products;
- Telephone, office, and online etiquette;
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English;
- Analysis of complex technical regulations and policy issues;
- Effective public presentations of reports and recommendations; and
- Ability to organize and lead community discussions on community issues and projects.
- Desired Skills/Experience:
- GIS map creation; and
- Landscaping – knowledge of appropriate plant and tree species for site planning and design.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rancho Santa Fe Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
All offers are contingent upon a successful pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Link or email to apply: www.rsfassociation.org/careers
Apply by date: 06/16/2018