Job Title: ASSOCIATE / SR. PLANNER (DOQ)
Job Location: San Marcos
Employer Website: https://www.san-marcos.net/
The City of San Marcos is currently undertaking a number of new and exciting projects, which the Planning Division is helping to accomplish. Come join and lead the team during this impactful time:
- We a currently working on an update to the City’s General Plan. San Marcos has experienced rapid growth, while maintaining our small-town atmosphere and values. The General Plan Update will address a range of important community topics like land use, housing, economic development, transportation, parks and recreation, community health, public safety, environmental justice, and more.
- The City is processing a number of entitlements within the University District Specific Plan (UDSP) Area. The UDSP was adopted in 2009 with the intent of creating a vibrant, urban, and pedestrian friendly downtown area centrally located within San Marcos adjacent to Cal State University San Marcos.
- The City currently reviewing an multi-entitlement submittal for the Marcos project. Marcos proposes horizontal mixed project which includes a makers market, open space amenities and multifamily residential units.
Serving the public is paramount to all that we do at City of San Marcos. We are driven to serve the more than 95,000 residents who count on us every day. Our Principal Planner must be responsive, tactful, collaborative, and accountable to our community and customers. This includes working with our residents and other stakeholder groups to deliver projects that make a positive impact.
The Right Perks
- Earn a competitive salary, with a scheduled 2.00% salary range adjustment effective 7/1/2022. Listed salary range includes this increase.
- Our 9/80 work week means you’ll have every other Friday off. Flexible work arrangement may be accommodated once you’ve had an opportunity to fully jump into the roles and responsibilities of the position and are working effectively with your team.
- Generous health benefits for you and your family (all medical premiums employer paid at 90%, including family plans). Benefits effective the first of the month after hire date.
- Ample time off: 13 paid holidays, 96 hours of sick leave and beginning at 80 hours of vacation leave annually.
- Family focused benefits – 4 weeks of city paid maternity / paternity leave for new parents welcoming a new family member and 1 week of city paid grandparent leave for employees expanding their extended family.
- Participate in the CalPERS retirement system (Classic members 2% @ 55, New members 2% @ 62), and Social Security.
- Enhance your career by taking advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement Program – up to $1,500 per fiscal year which can also be used towards student loan repayment.
Second Interview: TBD – In person
We are currently recruiting to fill one open position. We are flexibly recruiting as an Associate / Senior Planner and will fill the position depending on the qualifications of the selected applicant.
Please click on the below links to review the full job description for each position. Annual salary ranges listed below are effective 7/1/2022.
Associate Planner – $72,492 – $94,586 annually
Senior Planner – $89,636 – $116,954 annually
Link or email to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmarcos
Apply by date: 07/07/2022