Atlantis Group Land Use Consultants is a multi-discipline urban planning/policy and entitlement firm.
Our firm is a local leader in urban and community revitalization specializing in infill and redevelopment planning. Atlantis Group projects are diverse ranging from major urban centers to smaller infill projects located throughout San Diego County. Market sectors include mixed-use & urban infill development, revitalization projects and public spaces.
We are seeking candidates with four to six years of permit planning and community planning experience, preferably in urban environments, and large-scale redevelopment projects. Strong research and code interpretation experience is essential. It is desirable, but not necessary, for candidates to have supplemental experience and/or education in the fields of landscape architecture, architecture or urban design.
San Diego, CA
- Researches complex zoning issues and conducts special research projects as assigned;
- Assist with managing projects and clients;
- Work with project managers/principals to support and contribute to project design work from master planning and analysis efforts;
- Serve as a technical resource to support projects and manage tasks and projects; Assist in the development of presentations, technical documents, and reports;
- Giving client and public presentations;
- Facilitate public workshops and meetings;
- Be responsive to managers and clients in support of project implementation; ensure timely, cost effective, high-quality service, and product delivery;
- Review and analyze building plans and grading plans; coordinate and check for compliance with local zoning regulations, agreements and project specific conditions; manage planning projects; and
- Communicates with the client and government staff to provide information regarding planning, zoning, and development issues; provides information and answers to the client concerning zoning regulations; assists clients in completing application forms; attends various board meetings to provide information and answers regarding applications and related issues; advises board members of project compliance with related zoning ordinances and code requirements.
The prior duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Bachelor degree (minimum) with a degree (preferred) in City and Regional Planning or Landscape Architecture.
- Experience with neighborhood planning and civic design.
- Experience working with private clients, community groups, government clients, and non-profit clients.
- Ability to read complex plans including grading plans.
- It is required to demonstrate experience facilitating/managing projects and/or experience researching and interpreting development code requirements.
- AICP certification is not required.
- Competent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience preparing and assembling presentation graphics, graphic models and renderings, and report/plan document preparation and assembly.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suites, and Google Earth Pro. (It is desirable that applicants have a high proficiency in all or most software packages listed.). ESRI ArcGIS experience (desirable but not required).
- (Desirable but not required) Portfolio samples of work should illustrate the candidate’s strength of understanding in graphic and written presentation as well as software and hand drawing/sketching/drafting proficiencies.
- Fluency in public speaking in the English Language
- Fieldwork/ability to travel
- Valid driver’s license
- Typing and hand writing
- Occasional lifting of boxes up to 50lbs
- Sitting for extended length of time
Candidates should submit cover letter, resume, portfolio (if available) and samples of graphic and written work to: Info@AtlantisSd.com If academic work is submitted it should be solely of the applicant; no academic group work or projects should be included. Please apply by 8/11/17.
Mid Level (4-6 years)
Commensurate with Experience
Based on a 40-hour work week