Encinitas – CA
Under administrative direction of the City Planner, the newly created, at-will position of Building Official will manage, supervise and coordinate the activities and operations of the Building and Code Enforcement Divisions within the Development Services Department including plan checking, issuance of building permits, building construction inspection services and activities, and code enforcement, which entails handling complaints on numerous municipal code regulations ranging from unpermitted structures, abandoned vehicles and hoarding to illegal signs, graffiti and noise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supervising the investigation and enforcement of Local and State codes and zoning and land use regulations.
- Overseeing the enforcement and interpretation of applicable codes and ordinances.
- Participating in preparation and presentation of cases requiring civil and criminal prosecution; assisting legal counsel involved in code enforcement litigation.
- Applying mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution techniques in resolving controversial or high profile Code Enforcement cases.
- Administering City contracts for vehicle abatement, graffiti removal, noise control, Private Property Clean up Assistance Program (PPCAP), and parking citation programs.
- Directing, coordinating, reviewing and participating in the work of professional and technical employees to ensure that building codes are properly enforced with uniformity, equity and safety.
- Providing interpretation and decisions on applicable codes, rules, regulations, and technical problems of building code enforcement.
- Administering the contract with EsGil; supervising and coordinating contractor activities.
- Participating in the preparation of the budget for assigned Divisions, monitoring and controlling expenditures; preparing budget requests and justifications.
- Preparing City Council agenda reports, resolutions, ordinances, agreements, and code amendments.
In addition to the previously identified qualifications, our ideal candidate will display the following professional attributes and skill strengths:
- A genuine sense of character with uncompromising ethics and values, including honesty, integrity, and trustworthiness.
- The ability to be a team player by being cooperative, collaborative, supportive and inclusive.
- The ability to listen, be empathetic and communicate effectively and collaboratively.
- The ability to be open-minded, creative and address issues in a solution-oriented manner.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with a strong work ethic.
- A strong customer service approach with both the community and the organization.
- The ability to be diplomatic and apolitical while staying actively attuned to the community’s interests and concerns.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills.