San Diego – CA
CEQA Project Manager: Ecology and Environment, Inc. is a fully integrated environmental consulting firm committed to supporting sustainable development through responsible environmental stewardship. We are seeking an experienced CEQA Project Manager for our San Diego, CA office with experience working on a diverse range of private-sector and public-sector projects including development, environmental, and renewable energy projects. This position will also support CEQA projects in our San Francisco office.
Our successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of the NEPA/CEQA process and will be responsible for leading the preparation of Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Impact Reports from inception to completion.
- Manages and oversees scopes of work, budgets and schedules for a variety of development, environmental, and renewable energy projects
- Prepares, directs and reviews the preparation of Environmental Impact Statements, Environmental Impact Reports, Environmental Assessment, Mitigated Negative Declaration and other CEQA/NEPA permitting documents
- Understands and accounts for applicable project contract requirements, assuring that commitments are met in accordance with deliverables, schedules, and with the appropriate level of quality
- Identifies project challenges and provides project/contract information, feedback and solution recommendations to management
- Clarifies roles and responsibilities, integrating work streams and monitoring progress of project teams
- Ensures that project teams work together to achieve results by providing inspiring leadership and direction, staff mentoring and development, and actively identifying and resolving issues
- Understands the client’s requirements and executes the project balancing client and professional standards to ensure client satisfaction
- Keeps clients and project staff fully aware of any issues that would impact quality, scope, budget, or schedule
- Writes proposals, generates leads, assesses new markets, and develops new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Planning, Environmental Studies or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience preparing and/or leading the preparation of NEPA and CEQA documents including federal, state, and county-level permitting
- Experience with community outreach
- Experience with linear / renewable and conventional energy projects preferred
- AICP or PMP and experience with an environmental consulting firm strongly preferred
- Experience permitting under Sections 404 and 401 of Clean Water Act and Sections 7 and 10 of Endangered Species Act preferred
- Strong track record managing projects from approximately $150,000 to $500,000 in size
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent qualifications and references relative to leadership and project management
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel to support business needs
E & E is its people. We are a knowledge based culture with an integrated staff of more than 85 scientific and engineering disciplines – a group of innovators who pave the way in implementing environmental solutions. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment, with a competitive benefits package. Please view our website to apply on-line.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. Visa sponsorship will not be provided.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.