San Diego – California
Position: Community Outreach Specialist
Job Type: Contract, Project-Based Full-Hire
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: San Diego
Posting Ends: August 30th, 2014
General Description and Distinguishing Characteristics:
This position serves as a public information liaison and a communication link between the utility line projects and the project teams, defines strategies and plans for project communications, addresses and resolves project issues, and leads various public information efforts. Responsible for the complete public outreach functions for events and meetings and assists with presentation of the projects to various City Planning Commission, Boards, and to the public.
Examples of Duties
The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a qualified disability to perform the essential functions of a job, on a case-by-case basis.
Essential Functions (General):
- Oversees overarching communication, outreach and marketing for the program.
- Coordinates with other program administrators.
- Manages relationships with program directors and communication personnel to coordinate efforts.
- Prepares regular reports for project tracking purposes.
- Manages professional service or consulting contracts.
- Performs related work as required.
- Effective communication and public outreach techniques.
- Organizing outreach and educational campaigns.
- Developing clear written content for technical and non-technical audiences for use on the program website and within print materials.
- Public speaking and confidently communicating verbally to a wide variety of audiences.
- Maintain effective working relationships with city administrators and employees, non-profit and for profit partners, the public and other agencies.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Plan, schedule and organize multiple priorities and a high volume of work.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in the design and implementation of public outreach program or related marketing experience is a plus.
- Experience in CEQA/NEPA and utility projects is a strong plus.
GEPermit is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All candidates must have a valid U.S. ID and/or work authorization in the United States.