Santa Ana – California
The County of Orange has an exciting opportunity for an experienced effective leader to direct the OC Public Works Development Services Division. This individual will serve as a key member of the senior management team, and will work closely with the Board of Supervisors and the OC Public Services Areas to ensure the County’s unincorporated areas are developed and maintained to the County’s high quality and standards.
The OC Public Works/Deputy Director will have oversight of the five sections of the Development Services Division: Planning, Land Development, Permitting, Building & Safety and Inspection Services with a Service Area budget exceeding $19 million. The Deputy Director will have administrative responsibility for planning and managing all the activities within the Service Area and will be the forefront in promoting new operating policies and procedures and forecasting the County’s future needs. This incumbent will serve as a liaison between OC Public Works and the Board of Directors, and will cultivate a positive, productive working relationships between elected and administrative officials, community and business leaders and the Orange County residents.
- Will be responsible for the formulation of strategies and goals that are consistent with the County’s mission and vision.
- Possess considerable knowledge and sound application of the principals and practices within land use planning development review and regulatory compliance.
- Can serve on high profile or critical Countywide land use and development projects.
- Has the expertise in budget management and oversight.
- Has knowledge in the principles of personnel management, including supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Possess the ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner orally and in written form to persuade a range of audiences from government officials, community organizations , the general public and the media.
- Can engage people, organizations, and partners in developing goals, executing plans and delivering results.
- Certification from the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) is highly desirable.
The County of Orange is curently accpeting applications. For more information and to apply online, please visit www.ocgov.com/jobs.