City of San Diego Development Project Manager II positions manage simple to moderate projects; manage the City’s land development review permit processes; serve as the single point of contact, liaison, and project expert for all stakeholders on assigned development projects; ensure project compliance with all local, state, and federal land use regulations; prepare and make oral and written presentations and report to a variety of decision makers; assemble and manage an appropriate multi-disciplinary team; establish and maintain project review timetables, schedules, and official project files; audit, administer, and manage project deposit accounts to ensure positive balances are maintained at all times; utilize project tracking system software to effectively manage all project aspects; resolve all outstanding and/or conflicting project or process issues; identify all stakeholder needs and ensure customer service standards are achieved and/or exceeded; and perform other duties as assigned.
Development Project Manager II employees with valid State of California registration as a Professional Civil Engineer are eligible for 15% additional pay.
You must meet the following requirements on the date you apply, unless otherwise indicated.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education (i.e., minimum completed units = 120 semester/180 quarter).
Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for education lacked on a year-for-year basis. One year of full-time experience = 30 semester/45 quarter college-level units.
A combination of full-time professional experience as specified below that equals three years. Qualifying experience MUST include a minimum of one year of experience as specified in Option 2 or Option 3.
- Review of mixed-use, residential, commercial, or capital improvement projects for compliance with codes and regulations covered by the Uniform Building Code, Title 24, and CalGreen; and/or municipal codes including zoning, engineering, water, sewer, and/or other land development requirements.
- Engineering or planning experience in the application of municipal codes, governing agency policies and engineering standards, or community and general plans in land development or construction.
- Project management experience in mixed-use, commercial, industrial, governmental, or large-scale residential development.
- A high level of organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high-volume customer service environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience presenting projects to the public, community organizations, and decision-making bodies.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (MUST SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION):
Proof of degree/transcripts, if utilized to meet the minimum requirements.
Required documents should be attached electronically to your application. If you are unable to attach at the time of application submittal, you must submit them as soon as possible via fax: (619) 533-3337; or to the Employment Information Center: City of San Diego Personnel Department, 1200 Third Avenue – Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92101. Include your name and the title of the position for which you are applying.