San Diego – California
Katz & Associates is a nationally recognized communication consulting firm. We help people communicate effectively about things that matter. From energy efficiency to water supply, to transportation issues and public health, to driver safety and sustainable communities, we maintain a firm commitment to providing communication programs that generate a steady flow of information to communities and create awareness about key issues – issues that are of critical importance to the well-being of our communities and to our lives.
We primarily serve government agencies in the areas of transportation, water, community and open space planning, and environmental review and compliance. Our work covers the entire life spans of projects, from planning to design and construction.
Our offices are headquartered in San Diego with additional locations in L.A. and San Francisco, while we serve clients nationwide. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including an employee stock ownership program.
We’re looking for candidates interested in a career, not a job. Candidates should have the skills to handle multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, show initiative, and work well on project teams and with different project managers. We’re looking for candidates that have great attention to detail and a command of AP style and English grammar. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must. Previous experience at a consulting agency is also a plus, but not required. Because most of our clients are government agencies, familiarity with government operations is desirable.
Essential duties: Entry-level position
- Logistical support for public meetings, such as coordinating meeting supplies, vendors and reserving venues
- Outreach with community members at projects sites and staffing booths at community events
- Building of stakeholder databases, including research to identify target organizations
- Research of stakeholder issues and tracking of media coverage
- Development and proofreading of advertisements, fliers and postcards, including coordinating with vendors for design, printing and placement of notices
- Development and proofreading of fact sheets, posters and other informational materials
- Assistance with new business proposals and marketing kits as it relates to projects
- Assistance with general office administrative support when needed
Requirements: Entry-level position
A Bachelor’s degree in related area and six months to one year of similar work experience is required.
Essential duties: Mid-level position
For a mid-level position, we are seeking candidates who have the experience and expertise to quickly become familiar with project issues and tasks, to foresee challenges and identify solutions, and direct and teach support staff appropriately. Candidates must be capable of managing multiple clients, projects and tasks, formulating comprehensive strategy plans, producing quality client deliverables, effectively prioritizing and delegating tasks, and managing project teams. Presentation skills for community meetings, new business presentations and conferences are desirable. Skills in facilitation and issue resolution are also desirable.
Requirements: Mid-level position
A Bachelor’s degree in a related area and at least three years of similar experience is required. A Master’s degree is desirable.
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com