San Diego – CA
The Permit Specialist is responsible for reviewing, preparing and dropping off, and picking up city permit packs for GEPermit. This person also interfaces with city plan checkers and the project design team on technical issues.
1. Review and compilation of entitlement permit packages.
2. Understand and record technical corrections to ensure that permit packs are approved.
3. Effectively interact with numerous city and project staff to advance approvals in a timely manner.
4. Provides responsive, high quality service to GEPermit clients, employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
1. Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, geography, environmental science, transportation, civil engineering, public policy, preservation or related area of study. 2. Ability to establish and maintain client relationships. 3. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills; strong negotiating skills; proven analytical and judgment skills; extremely detailed-oriented and seasoned expertise in management of conflicts and complaints. 4. Must have strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. 5. Must be able to work within a team to accomplish organizational goals and have strong organization and time management skills with the ability to meet priorities and deadlines. 6. Must be able to organize thoughts and display a high level of professionalism and integrity.