Job Title: Environmental Planner
Job Location: San Juan Capistrano
Employer Website: https://www.rrmdesign.com/
Our San Juan Capistrano office is currently seeking an Environmental Planner to join our Planning team!
The Environmental Planner will serve in an emerging leadership role establishing, managing and growing our environmental planning practice within our multidisciplinary firm. The position requires a minimum of 10+ years of technical and managerial experience to oversee complex projects, manage and mentor staff, and successively cultivate new clients and business. This is a career opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth of our company.
Responsibilities include managing the preparation and processing of CEQA/NEPA compliance documents and related technical studies, supporting RRM Design Group projects and those for outside clients. Duties include document preparation; coordination with other multidiscipline staff, technical specialists and subconsultants, as well as interaction with clients and reviewing agencies. Experience should demonstrate deep understanding of all phases of project development, environmental review, and permitting. Mentoring of employees and involvement with hiring is required. This position demands excellent writing and research skills and the ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously. Strong project management capabilities including directing support staff, client management, and schedule and budget management are essential. Travel for business may be required for project work and interoffice coordination.
The ideal candidate:
- Thrives on working in a collaborative team environment
- Successfully develops business including writing proposals and interviewing
- Would love to help build our environmental planning practice!
- Minimum of 10 years of environmental planning experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- A bachelor’s degree in environmental planning or closely related field.
- Working knowledge of current CEQA and NEPA practices and compliance, as well as other federal and state legislation, policies, and procedures relating to the natural environment
- Understanding of public agency processes and documentation, as well as state and federal regulatory processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including public speaking, good leadership, and project management skills, and must be detail oriented
- Experience in leading proposals and business pursuits, and the marketing of consulting services
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Professional certification or licensing
- A master’s degree in environmental studies, environmental science, geography, natural science, environmental engineering, public planning, business, or a related field
RRM provides opportunities and career paths for our employees. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including full medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). If you would like to be a part of a collaborative and innovative team that is professional and fun, RRM is the place for you!
Apply by date: 09/30/2018