San Diego – California
RBF Consulting, a company of Michael Baker International, seeks an Environmental Planning Manager
join our Environmental Planning Team in the San Diego office, and be an active partner in the further development of the discipline within the Company in the Southwest and throughout the nation. The position will oversee the production of CEQA and NEPA documents in support of public and private land development such as residential housing, commercial, and industrial projects, public infrastructure projects, and planning policy and regulation documents. These documents include environmental technical reports, initial studies, MNDs, FONSIs, EIRs, EISs, and addendums. This position affords an opportunity to work with many technical, environmental, planning and engineering disciplines in multiple offices in California, Nevada and Arizona.
This position requires a proven track record in successful CEQA/NEPA compliance and business development. The ideal candidate has the ability to lead and coordinate multi-disciplinary teams in the preparation of work product and in job pursuits. Public presentation skills, strong organizational skills and the ability/experience to successfully build client relations is a necessity. Candidates must have progressive technical experience in the environmental field and strong CEQA and NEPA documentation work. Additional diversity of work in other related fields, such as biological services, air quality, etc. is highly desirable. Projects require travel throughout the San Diego County area and Southern California, with occasional travel to Northern California or out of state.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Planning, Urban Planning, Geography or related field
• 10+ years of relevant public or private sector experience in environmental planning, and a sophisticated understanding of CEQA and NEPA compliance and related case law
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
• Professional registration is a plus
• The ideal candidate should have management and oversight experience managing successful and dynamic teams