APA Planning Training Service: Sustainable Zoning and Development Controls
February 20, 2014 @ 8:00 am - February 21, 2014 @ 3:00 pm| $415
Advanced Training for Practicing Planners: Can sustainable zoning save the world? APA’s Planning Training Service is coming to San Diego to explore what sustainable development codes can do for your community, the country, and the planet.
Join a conversation about energy conservation. Learn how good planning can boost food security. Explore climate change, legal issues, and the politics of sustainability. How green is your planning? Find out in a hands-on exercise on sustainable code audits. You’ll come away inspired, informed, and ready to make your part of the world a greener place.
You’ll learn about:
- Laying a defensible foundation for a sustainable code
- Saving energy and tapping alternative energy sources
- Cultivating urban agriculture and growing food security
- Adapting to climate change and addressing natural hazards
- Keeping current with sustainability legislation and case law
- Confronting the politics of adopting a sustainable code
- Measuring the costs and benefits of a greener future
Course provides 14 AICP CM Credits, including LAW credits.
Register here with National APA to attend.