- This event has passed.
Guide to Land Use Law: A Refresher for Practicing Planners
August 18 @ 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
The laws governing planning and land use are complex, overlapping, and change frequently. Planners are often asked to understand how they all fit together, and, at the same time, understand the nuances of each. This presentation will serve as a refresher for practicing planners to review some key regulatory concepts, discuss case studies, and ask questions.
Our speaker will be land use and real estate law expert, David Watson, Esq. of Duane Morris LLP.
We invite you to join us on Friday, August 18, 2017 from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm.
- Date: Friday, August 18, 2017
- Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Lunch included)
- Location: Duane Morris LLP Office located in Symphony Towers – 750 B Street, Suite 2900, San Diego, CA 92101
- CM | 1.50 L | 1.50
- Cost: $15 (includes lunch) Registration is limited to the first 35 people.
- Transportation: Please consider walking, biking, or taking transit. Parking is available on-site at Symphony Towers and will be validated upon request.
About the Speaker
David E. Watson practices in the area of real estate law, land use, planning and entitlement. Mr. Watson represents land developers and homebuilders, as well as clients in the education and tourism and hospitality industries. He has served as counsel in the development and approval of master plans for some of San Diego’s major universities, tourism attractions, professional sports facilities and research institutions. He is a former member of the City of San Diego Planning Commission and served as chair of the Citizens’ Task Force on Chargers Issues in 2003. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the San Diego County Fair, one of the five largest fairs in North America, appointed by California Governor Jerry Brown