- This event has passed.
Healthy Soil Rules: A Roundtable for Planners and Stakeholder Workshop
July 31 @ 11:45 am – 1:30 pm
- « Padres Night with American Planning Association – San Diego
- Guide to Land Use Law: A Refresher for Practicing Planners »
Several recent California mandates require source reduction, separation, landfill diversion and composting of these materials. While state regulations are generally well-defined and friendly to this activity, local zoning and land use rules in San Diego County typically are not.
Hidden Resources and the San Diego Food System Alliance have been charged with identifying local barriers and developing recommendations to improve planning to facilitate composting and help local jurisdictions comply with mandates.
That’s where you come in. This is the first of a series of roundtables and stakeholder meetings designed to illicit feedback we can include in our findings.
Please join us for a complimentary light lunch and lively discussion on opportunities and barriers related to local zoning and land use codes addressing composting in San Diego County.
- 11:45 – 12:15: Light lunch.
- 12:15 – 12:40: Introduction to the scope of the project, and importance of this effort. State mandates. Connection between healthy soil and healthy food. Overview of issues surrounding zoning and land use rules.
- 12:40pm – 1:30pm: Open discussion