Please see Special Session “Connecting City and County Government to Promote Public Health” for Cities below
Please join us in welcoming keynote speaker, advocate, actor, best-selling author, and U.S. Army veteran J.R. Martinez at the 2018 Live Well Advance!
Join hundreds of Live Well San DiegoRecognized Partners and other community leaders as Mr. Martinez shares his message of resilience and optimism after personal tragedy.
Register today at https://211sandiego.org/live-well-advance-2018/registration/
When: Tuesday, October 2nd from 9:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Where: The Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
Health is more than a personal issue; it is influenced by one’s environment, which in turn is shaped by the decisions of public health and elected officials. City planners and policymakers can improve the lives of their community’s residents by building environments that make the healthy choice the easy choice, protect against external threats to health, and promote social cohesion. Those who attend this session will:
- Learn how to infuse public health into city planning and ordinances to improve overall health.
- Learn which policies have been proven effective in building healthy, safe, and thriving communities.
- Hear from city representatives who partnered with the County to improve health outcomes for their residents.
- Learn how to work with the County and Cities to address shared health concerns.
- Anthony Shute, City of El Cajon
- Mayor Serge Dedina, City of Imperial Beach
- Robert Efird, County of San Diego Planning and Development Services