Planning for Health
August 30 @ 4:00 pm – August 31 @ 4:00 pm
This convening will focus on opportunities to enhance cross-sector collaborations to address shared goals for healthy, equitable, and sustainable communities. Regional case stories will illustrate concrete, practical strategies used to unite leaders in planning, community development, and public health, along with community organizations to create healthy built environments. Participants will have numerous opportunities to discuss with their own teams and with other jurisdictions how to apply these strategies in their communities.
Complimentary Registration Includes (2) Sessions:
World Café Networking Reception
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Full Day Convening (Continental Breakfast & Lunch included)
Thursday, August 31, 2017
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Local health department and city, county and regional planning professionals are invited to participate: Planning, Transportation and Public Works Directors, Community Development and Parks and Recreation Directors, Health Officers, Public Health and Environmental Health Directors, Senior Planners, and Public Health Managers – along with community leaders committed to working together to design healthy built environments. Cross-sector jurisdictional teams are encouraged to attend.
Participants will dive into key topics related to advancing equity through integration of health and planning and will learn how to:
- Use specific strategies and tools to integrate healthy community policies into local planning
- Integrate broad, informed community input into local planning processes, particularly for those at risk for adverse health outcomes
- Enhance cross-sector collaborations to address local priority issues in the next twelve months
- Customize data and tools to address specific regional challenges and opportunities
- Apply collaboration strategies to effectively compete for implementation funding for projects
- Access regional and federal organizations that can support their work, including the American Planning Association, American Public Health Association, and others
A few brief documents will be emailed to registrants for review prior to attending the convening.
Professional continuing education credit will be available for planners.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org