Job Title: Federal Facility Planner
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: http://www.makersarch.com/
About the opportunity
MAKERS architecture and urban design, LLP is seeking a creative, independent, and collaborative planner for our San Diego office. The ideal candidate will have military planning experience including facility master plans, project development studies, design guidelines, strategic plans and asset management. Our team of 17 works collaboratively to prepare facility plans and studies for a variety of government clients across the U.S. Most of the team works out of our Seattle office, so the successful candidate will be someone who can operate effectively while working with a team from a remote location.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Working independently in coordination with the partner in charge and/or a project manager.
- Compiling and analyzing data involved in the decision-making process.
- Conducting technical research.
- Interpreting and applying policies and guidance.
- Organizing, prioritizing and independently performing work assignments on multiple projects.
- Preparing narrative reports and supporting graphics to convey complex information in a clear, concise, and positive manner; preparing visual aids and making public presentations in a competent and professional manner.
Who’s right for the job?
- A team-player who can maintain effective working relationships with the federal facility planning team and other MAKERS staff.
- An organized professional with task management skills, including the ability to work independently and proactively.
- A strong communicator who can develop, evaluate, and refine concepts to support decision-makers.
- A confident representative with the ability to solve problems, resolve conflicts, and build long-term relationships with clients.
- A cool head, who can produce, track, and manage deliverables with overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced, high-expectation environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, architecture, landscape architecture, or a related field.
- Familiarity with space and site planning and design, particularly at a conceptual level.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office.
- U.S. citizen (due to installation access requirements).
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Ability to travel.
Desired skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience with DoD military planning, including facility requirements development and analysis, asset evaluations, master planning and DD form 1391.
- AutoCAD and GIS experience.
Who we are
MAKERS has been a leader in the urban, facilities, and federal planning and design fields for 47 years, consistently taking on and shaping projects that help our clients, communities, and the profession. We are a women-owned firm with offices in Seattle and San Diego, providing consulting services to a variety of community, government, institutional and military clients.
We are a diverse group of planners, architects, designers, GIS professionals, landscape architects, graphic designers, communicators, innovators and problem-solvers.
We’re also hikers, campers, animal lovers, bicyclists, gamers, photographers, beer enthusiasts, volunteers and more!
This is an hourly nonexempt position, $29-$33/hour DOE. MAKERS’ benefits and perks include medical insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, merit-based bonuses, transit passes, continuing education funding and more.
A cover letter, resume and work samples are required. When you apply, if you do not include a link to an online portfolio, please include work samples in your resume file. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://makersarch.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=4.
No phone calls please. The position is open until filled.
MAKERS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MAKERS will verify employment eligibility with E-Verify.
Link or email to apply: https://makersarch.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=4
Apply by date: 03/13/2020