Carlsbad – California
The Lightfoot Planning Group, a longstanding Land Use Planning and Landscape Architecture firm in North County San Diego is seeking a motivated, well organized, self-starter that is experienced as a GIS/ Cartographer, preferably with experience in the land use planning field. This position has primary responsibility for graphic design and visual presentation for planning projects and corporate material. Candidate will assist planning and design staff with project graphics and data analysis needs.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Technical knowledge of GIS Processes and data integration with 2 – 4 years of experience;
- ArcGIS, MS Office, AutoCAD, Adobe, Photoshop;
- Understands the context of property site analysis; land use and zoning maps; site development plans and infrastructure plans;
- Read and review maps, designs and produce digital and hard copy maps using cartographic principles;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to provide accurate creative graphic solutions and communicate with both technical and non-technical individuals;
- Well organized, detail oriented, and committed to achieving results.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Planning, Geography or related field;
- GIS or related certifications;
- Experience with the land use entitlement process and comprehension of community design aspects including land use/zoning, infrastructure and natural systems.
Applicant’s duties would include but not be limited to:
- Prepare presentation graphics affiliated with land use entitlements and development;
- Provide support services related to production of development plans, land use maps, aerial exhibits and design documents;
- Assist with managing complex planning projects and entitlement processes;
- Assist with the management and organization of public meetings, including preparation of meeting materials;
- Conduct field research and site reconnaissance for specific project sites and planning areas.
Applicant’s experience should reflect an increasing level of responsibility and project complexity. Candidate will be asked to assist with data collection and reconciliation as well as assisting the Land Use Planners with their daily work load. This position will serve in an essential role as part of the project entitlement process in support of planning and design staff.
Applicants should email resumes with salary requirements to the following firstname.lastname@example.org