Fehr & Peers is a leading transportation planning and engineering firm interested in motivated individuals who consider themselves “transportation enthusiasts.” We are currently seeking an engineer/planner intern for part-time, on-call work at our downtown office in San Diego, California.
The successful applicants will:
- Analyze/solve complex transportation planning or engineering problems
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Use software effectively and make timely and informed recommendations
- Work on a variety of projects, which may include downtown studies, campus plans, corridor studies, traffic operations simulations, traffic impact studies, safety studies, and regional transportation plans
- Depending on experience: manage projects, delegate and supervise work, develop high quality client relationships, and market and win work
The minimum qualifications for the Engineer/Planner Intern are:
- Junior or senior in college pursuing bachelor’s degree in transportation or civil engineering; transportation/urban planning; or related major
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal relationship skills, and presentation skills
Highly desirable qualifications include:
- Work experience in one or more of the following areas: transportation planning including impact analyses, traffic operations (particularly VISSIM, HCS, Synchro), and travel demand modeling (e.g., TransCAD, VISUM, EMME)
- Knowledge of transportation and traffic engineering/planning principles and practices (e.g., MUTCD, HCM, CEQA/NEPA)
- EIT for engineering candidates is highly desirable
Fehr & Peers offers competitive compensation. For additional information on our company, visit our website at www.fehrandpeers.com.
To apply, complete the online application, including sending a cover letter and resume as one file to https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=3927931.