Job Title: Green Infrastructure Project Manager
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: https://www.greenprintpartners.com
Greenprint Partners is seeking a Project Manager to join the Greenprint team. This individual will develop, design, and implement green stormwater infrastructure projects that prioritize vegetative practices and community benefit while being functional, constructable and maintainable. The position is based in San Diego, CA and will be responsible for managing projects both locally and state-wide.
Who we are
Greenprint is an environmental consulting and project development firm exclusively dedicated to green stormwater infrastructure. Through our planning, development, design and project management services, we help cities nationwide equitably implement community-driven stormwater solutions through sustainable green infrastructure projects on public and private property. Our team of project managers, community organizers, landscape architects, engineers, and finance professionals are on a mission to get the most good out of green infrastructure.
Greenprint Partners is proud to be a women-owned, certified B-Corp.
About working at Greenprint Partners
Greenprint Partners offers a flexible, fast-paced, demanding and fun work environment. We find that the people who thrive here are “doers” who enjoy taking ownership of their projects and working as a team to strategize, iterate, and execute quickly. We believe strongly that we’re in it together, and we see each new team member as a long-term investment in our shared future. We are proud of our company values:
- We are driven by mission,
- We pursue shared prosperity,
- We go big,
- We think holistically,
- We succeed and fail as a team, and
- Diverse viewpoints matter.
This position will work remotely from San Diego, CA, reporting into Greenprint’s headquarters in Chicago, IL. Greenprint offers a full benefit package through our outsourced HR provider, Trinet, as well as flexible working hours and an unlimited PTO policy.
Greenprint is seeking an experienced engineer, landscape architect or planner to work alongside existing staff to identify, develop, and manage green stormwater infrastructure projects. Primary responsibilities include:
- Project identification
- Analyze and identify potential sites for project implementation
- Manage process to recruit site owners for utility-funded private property retrofit projects, working collaboratively with project development staff
- Develop site owner and stakeholder relationships and represent Greenprint at any on-site project meetings
- Project design
- Conduct preliminary project site assessments, identify opportunities for green infrastructure and preliminary sizing of potential BMPs
- Work with Greenprint’s community activation team to engage site stakeholders in identifying community benefit priorities for their projects
- Incorporate community benefit priorities into designs
- Present concept plans to site owners
- Construction management
- Respond to contractor questions and field changes as necessary
- Review contractor installed work for general compliance with specifications and design intent
- Provide on-site training to the owner to explain how the BMP systems work and how they should be maintained.
- Project management
- Manage project schedule to ensure on time delivery of projects
- Work with other Greenprint staff resources to prepare project deliverables within budget
- Effectively communicate project status with project owner and relevant stakeholders
- 10 years of relevant experience, preferably in stormwater management and/or general site design; experience integrating community priorities into engineering and landscape design strongly valued
- Experience managing project design teams
- Track record of excellence in delivering complex projects on-time and within budget
- Professional Engineer or Landscape Architect licensure in the State of California preferred, but not required
Additional characteristics sought in this role include:
- Commitment to the Greenprint mission
- Strong interest in designing and delivering sustainable infrastructure that is shaped by the priorities of the communities it serves, in addition to meeting performance goals and budgetary constraints
- Desire to work in a diverse community of colleagues committed to institutionalizing equity throughout the organization
- Proactive, creative problem solver comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong communication skills, including ability to present technical information to non-technical audiences
- Willingness to travel domestically
- Interested applicants can apply for the position by submitting a resume and cover letter through this link: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/54267.
- This posting will remain active until the position is filled. Greenprint is seeking to fill the position ASAP.
Greenprint Partners is an equal opportunity employer. Greenprint is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. All employment decisions at Greenprint are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, race, color, religion or belief, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Greenprint is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
Link or email to apply: https://www.indeed.com/job/green-infrastructure-project-manager-300ae554f12da86e
Apply by date: 04/15/2021