Job Title: GROUP PROGRAM MANAGER
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/pds.html
The County of San Diego is seeking a dynamic, independent, strategic, and innovative leader to fill a Group Program Manager position in Planning & Development Services (PDS), which is part of the County’s Land Use & Environment Group. This unclassified management position will be responsible for assisting the Chief, Departmental Services in providing leadership and oversight over functions and activities of the Advance Planning Division.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high profile and demanding environment; has depth and breadth of experience in the disciplines of strategic planning, project management, and performance measurement.
The ideal candidate will also possess a professional history that demonstrates the following leadership competencies and attributes:
• Knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations related to planning and land use, such as CEQA and NEPA; and how these laws affect departmental operations.
• Stays current on industry best practices and successful implementation.
• Anticipates and prepares for opportunities not obvious to others to improve the status quo.
• Commits self and others to improve performance and reach challenging goals.
• Thinks strategically and anticipates future consequences and trends while applying knowledge appropriately.
Apply by date: 04/29/2019