Job Title: LAND USE/ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNER II
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/pds.html
The County of San Diego is currently accepting job applications for Land Use/Environmental Planner II, to fill one current vacancy in Planning & Development Services. This twelve (12) month eligible list may be used to fill possible future vacancies in Planning and Development Services, as well as other County departments.
Planning & Development Services
Through operational excellence and attention to customer service, Planning & Development Services (PDS) strives to balance community, economic and environmental interests to ensure the highest quality of life for the public of San Diego County.
PDS is responsible for long range land use planning, including the County’s General Plan, community plans, and Zoning Ordinance, which determine how our communities will grow. The department analyzes privately initiated land use projects to ensure compliance with land use regulations and advises the Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission on the projects. Department programs, such as building plan review, building inspection and code compliance help maintain public health and safety.
Land Use/Environmental Planner II is a journey level professional job class. Under general direction, incumbents independently perform a wide scope of environmental and/or planning projects characterized by having moderate public controversy, and of moderate complexity such as major use permits, tentative maps, variances, environmental impact reports, rezones or County-wide policy and ordinance changes, updates to the General Plan or Airport Master Plans/Airport Layout Plans, or special projects.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate for Land Use/Environmental Planner II will possess the following experience, attributes, and traits:
- Demonstrate proven professional level experience as a land use and environmental planner
- Demonstrate a high degree of motivation and willingness to adapt to the organizational culture
- Demonstrate a strong willingness to continually learn and grow professionally
- Maintain a professional perspective and objective demeanor when positive or difficult situations occur
- Review and handle complex projects involving several functional groups
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written form; good listener
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and teamwork skills, including building relationships and collaborating with others in order to keep projects moving in a positive direction
- Learn and understand the perspectives of others, and embrace diversity and inclusiveness
If you believe that you possess these qualities, then PDS would be an ideal place for your talent and career growth. PDS has a great culture that values collaboration and teamwork.
Link or email to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sdcounty/jobs/2443700/land-use-environmental-planner-ii-19350805?keywords=PDS&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Apply by date: 06/09/2019