Job Title: Lecturer in Urban Studies and Planning Academic Year 2019-2020
Job Location: La Jolla
Employer Website: https://www.ucsd.edu/
Lecturer in Urban Studies and Planning Academic Year 2019-2020
University of California, San Diego
The http://usp.ucsd.edu within the Division of Social Sciences at the University of California, San Diego, is seeking to make appointments at the Lecturer Academic Year (Unit 18-Non-Senate Faculty) level for both its majors: 1) Urban Studies and Planning and 2) Real Estate and Development.
- Candidates must have a Master’s or PhD in a related field completed prior to appointment
- Relevant work experience of five or more years may be substituted for an advanced degree.
- Evidence of strong teaching experience in the areas of urban planning, urban design, urban development, and/or real estate and development.
- Preferred candidates will have an advanced degree in urban planning, architecture, urban design, real estate finance and/or development or related fields
- The program is interested in recruiting candidates who are committed to the highest standards of scholarship and professional activity and will make a strong and meaningful contribution to the development of a campus climate that supports equality and diversity.
Responsibilities entail the effective instruction of students, teaching classes in accordance with course objectives and published schedules, advising students on academic matters and maintaining an active interest in the advances/current thinking in her/his subject area.
A complete description of the courses for which Lecturers are being sought may be found at the http://usp.ucsd.edu/Undergraduate%20Programs/courses/index.html. Candidates must identify the specific course or courses they are applying to teach and quarters they are available.
The Urban Studies and Planning Program at the University of California, San Diego, is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales.
To Apply: Submit Applications & Materials On Line: UCSD AP-On-Line-Recruit
AA-EOE: The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
La Jolla, CA
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter – Indicating courses and quarters being applied for and teaching experience relevant to course topic. If USP 189, please provide description of proposed course.
- Proof of Degree – Master’s or PhD – or expected completion of degree by May 1, 2018. Provide copy of certificate, transcript or official letter from academic institution granted degree.
- Teaching Evaluations – Most recent two years of teaching.
- Contribution to Diversity Description – Please describe any teaching strategies you currently use or plan to use to foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience, and to enable all students to excel and fully participate in the learning process.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 letters of reference required
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/1572052
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Link or email to apply: https://apptrkr.com/1572052
Apply by date: 01/13/2020