Job Title: Lecturer
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: https://usp.ucsd.edu
The Department of Urban Studies & Planning within the Division of Social Sciences at the University of California, San Diego, is seeking to make appointments at the Lecturer Academic Year (Unit 18-Non-Senate Faculty) level for both its majors: 1) Urban Studies and Planning and 2) Real Estate and Development.
- Candidates must have a Master’s or PhD in a related field completed prior to appointment
- Relevant work experience of five or more years may be substituted for an advanced degree.
- Evidence of strong teaching experience in the areas of urban planning, urban design, urban development, and/or real estate and development.
- Preferred candidates will have an advanced degree in urban planning, architecture, urban design, real estate finance and/or development or related fields
- The program is interested in recruiting candidates who are committed to the highest standards of scholarship and professional activity and will make a strong and meaningful contribution to the development of a campus climate that supports equality and diversity.
Responsibilities entail the effective instruction of students, teaching classes in accordance with course objectives and published schedules, advising students on academic matters and maintaining an active interest in the advances/current thinking in her/his subject area.
A complete description of the courses for which Lecturers are being sought may be found at the USP Course Site. Candidates must identify the specific course or courses they are applying to teach and quarters they are available.
The Urban Studies and Planning Program at the University of California, San Diego, is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales.
Link or email to apply: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF02629
Apply by date: 03/29/2021