Job Title: Mid-Level Planner
Job Location: Santa Ana
Employer Website: http://placeworks.com/
PlaceWorks is seeking a full-time, mid-level Planner to become part of the Planning Team in our Santa Ana Office. We are seeking individuals with a minimum of 3 – 5 years of professional experience related to planning. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, passionate, creative, energetic, and deeply committed to the planning profession. As an assistant to project managers and other senior staff, this position will assist project teams by applying planning knowledge and technical skills to contribute to the successful completion of projects at a variety of scales, often working concurrently on more than one project. Typical projects of our planning practice include: general and specific plans, master plans, zoning, policy planning, urban revitalization/infill, and local/regional transportation plans, as well as community engagement.
This position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using technical software skills to create graphics, maps, plan documents, and presentations.
- Coordinating and producing final products, graphics, and presentations.
- Conducting research as required by project. Analyzing and compiling project research/data, spotting issues, and synthesizing ideas into meaningful outputs and solutions.
- Preparing sections of various plans, including General Plans and Specific Plans.
- Assisting in the coordination and conducting of presentations at community workshops (these meetings may occur on weekday nights and weekends).
- Attending interviews for jobs with Principal/other senior staff.
- Assisting with marketing and business development efforts for planning work throughout California.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, including public and private sector clients, community organizations, and other firms.
- Performing site visits as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following key qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning; architecture; public administration; or related field. Master’s degree in complimentary field is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ related experience performing the responsibilities listed above.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects within budget and schedule.
- Able to work independently and in a highly collaborative environment with other team members.
- Excellent writing, research, and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite and/or ArcGIS.
Salary range will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and writing sample/design samples as a single PDF (no greater than 10MB) with the email subject line, “Santa Ana: Mid-Level Planner” to email@example.com.
PlaceWorks is a California based multi-disciplinary firm of planning, design, and environmental services professionals. Our expertise and services span a broad range of practices including: city planning, urban design, landscape architecture, environmental review, GIS, and community participation. We have a strong commitment to sustainable planning and design and to improving and empowering underserved urban and rural communities and the natural environment. Our work is driven by environmental stewardship and meaningful public participation in the planning and design process. Learn more about the work we do and how we do it at: www.placeworks.com
PlaceWorks offers employees interesting and diverse project work; training, professional development, and career growth opportunities; work-life balance; and, the chance to work amongst industry leaders, practice area founders, and friendly, supportive, and dedicated colleagues. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, and a casual and collaborative work environment.
PlaceWorks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at PlaceWorks are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other status covered by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Link or email to apply: http://placeworks.com/join-our-team/
Apply by date: 07/31/2018