Job Title: Mid-Level Planner and Outreach Specilaist
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: https://www.circulatesd.org/
Circulate San Diego is hiring a new mid-level Planner and Outreach Specialist to be a part of our dynamic planning and outreach team. The new teammate will help Circulate to effectively deliver and manage community outreach and mobility projects.
As a nonprofit think tank, Circulate uses planning and outreach to advance our mission of creating excellent mobility choices, and vibrant healthy neighborhoods. Our outreach team performs a variety of creative engagement efforts to support mobility planning in partnership with local governments, schools, charities, and the private sector.
Our office culture is both collaborative and kind. Everyone is motivated by our mission, and a shared sense of purpose. In addition to the competitive salary, the organization also offers generous benefits, a friendly work environment, 401(k), parental leave, sick time, and vacation.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Help lead our planning and outreach efforts to promote equity, inclusion, and access for mobility.
2. Work with community members to solicit feedback and participation in decisions to improve mobility and the built environment in their communities.
3. Manage creative outreach efforts such as mobility assessments, Safe Routes to School programs, placemaking installations, pedestrian safety workshops, advocacy trainings, community assessments, open streets and pop up events, data collection, etc.
4. Serve as project manager for individual programs, tracking deliverables, managing budgets, and being a primary day-to-day contact with partners and funders.
5. Assist in the supervision and mentorship of more junior planning and outreach staff members.
6. Assist with the production of technical reports, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data collection analysis, and public outreach documents.
7. Assist with project proposals, development of leads, and identification of potential new funding opportunities.
8. Support marketing and communications efforts through the development of blog posts, social media, outreach, and marketing documents.
9. Create and maintain accurate, organized, and complete project files including all documents required for local, state, and federal regulatory compliance, and all project related materials, reports, documents, contact lists, meeting notes, etc. for necessary and effective delivery.
10. Effectively communicative with supervisor and colleagues via written and oral channels including email, telephone, and Zoom.
11. Support other staff and the Board in delivering the mission of Circulate San Diego and contribute to the overall growth and development of the organization.
12. Represent the organization in meetings with community members, other nonprofit groups, and public sector organizations. Foster collaborative working relationships to accomplish mutual goals and objectives.
13. Perform related work as required dependent on the necessary skills, experience and aptitudes, and subject to such additional responsibilities falling within the general duties of the position.
As a member of the Circulate San Diego team, the Planner and Outreach Specialist is expected to contribute to its overall mission, and:
• Contribute to the friendly and collaborative work environment
• Approach all of our work through the lens of advancing our value-oriented mission
• Assume responsibility for following all policies and procedures
• Attend Board, committee and other internal meetings, as required
• Provide a high level of client service at all times
• Project and maintain a positive image on behalf of Circulate San Diego.
• Degree in Urban Planning, Communications, Nonprofit Engagement, or related field, or 3 years or more of related work
• Passion for community engagement and mobility
• Experience working with MS Office, Ajera, GIS, and the Adobe Creative Suite
• Motivated and solutions-oriented
• Spanish fluency a huge plus!
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive salary, $65,000 – $80,000, depending on experience
• Health and dental coverage
• 401(k) match of up to 7% employer contribution with 3% employee contribution
• 10 paid holidays
• 10 vacation days
• 10 sick days
• Paid parental leave
• Professional development fund
• Commuter benefits
• Flexible work schedule
• Currently we are working mostly-remotely, with an option to work form our office
How to Apply
Circulate San Diego values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and any relevant work product examples to firstname.lastname@example.org, and with the subject line “Outreach Application.” No phone calls please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. This job description is subject to review and amendment in light of experience and in the annual employee review process.
Link or email to apply: https://www.circulatesd.org/work_with_us_mid_level_planner_outreach
Apply by date: 10/18/2021