Job Title: Mid- to Senior-Level Urban Designer
Job Location: San Diego and Pasadena
Employer Website: www.migcom.com
MIG—a leading national planning, design, management, communications, and technology firm with over 200 employees in 13 U.S. offices—is seeking motivated and creative mid- to senior-level Urban Designers to join our multidisciplinary teams in MIG’s San Diego and Pasadena offices.
These leadership positions involve working with and leading project teams to create bold and innovative urban design solutions for both public and private sector clients. We are looking for people who are inspired and driven to create great places. The ideal candidates will work closely with teams of planners, designers, and engineers to develop forward-thinking designs, strategies, reports, analyses, mapping, and graphic materials for projects throughout Southern California, as well as potentially with clients across the state and country. Typical projects may include streetscape designs, corridor plans, downtown revitalization plans, comprehensive plans, station area plans and transit-oriented development, and neighborhood and district plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, planning, or related field. Master’s degree in complementary field highly preferred.
- 8-15+ years of work experience in urban design or a closely related design field
- Strong graphics and writing skills
- Proven ability to speak in front of groups and to facilitate small and large group discussions
- Experience in developing marketing proposals and attending project interviews
- Desired computer proficiency includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sketchup, Illustrator, Photoshop, GIS, and AutoCAD
- InDesign skills are also a plus, as are bilingual capabilities.
The ideal candidates must be able to think critically and creatively; successfully manage projects, work products, and clients; work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment; and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. MIG team members share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities impacted by our work. We value diversity and foster an inclusive workplace.
Salary range will be commensurate with experience. MIG provides a comprehensive benefits program and is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume with references and a descriptive cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Richard D. Barrett
1111 6th Avenue, Suite 404
San Diego, CA 92101
Link or email to apply: http://www.migcom.com/SanDiego/Urban-Designer
Apply by date: 01/31/2018