Job Title: Outreach Coordinator
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: http://www.circulatesd.org/outreach_coordinator
The primary role of the Outreach Coordinator is to support the Project Managers and the Director of Planning in conducting community outreach effectively, and to ensure that they are delivered on time, and to agreed quality standards; the Outreach Coordinator works closely with schools, community groups, and organizations in the field and with public officials in local government.
1. Support the organization’s outreach and Safe Routes to School efforts by coordinating events, leading walk audits, meeting with parents and school staff, and preparing support materials.
2. Assist Project Manager and the Director of Planning in delivering assigned projects in accordance with funding agreements and contracts, ensuring that all policies and procedures are followed, and all goals and objectives are met.
3. Plan, coordinate, attend and set up meetings and workshops. Assist in conducting and facilitating meetings and workshops.
4. Conduct research, compile data, and write reports. Assist in the compilation of data and research necessary to design and deliver projects to a high standard and in a timely manner.
5. Create fliers, write press releases, and conduct public outreach in the field in accordance with project goals and objectives.
6. Represent the organization in meetings with project participants, residents, community groups, other nonprofit groups and public sector organizations and foster collaborative working relationships to accomplish mutual goals and objectives.
7. Maintain accurate, organized, and complete project files including all documents required for local, state, and federal regulatory compliance, and all project related materials reports, documents, contact lists, meeting notes, etc. necessary for effective delivery.
8. Produce regular written and oral activity reports for supervision and as required by funders.
9. Maintain accurate project records and timely submit monthly expense reports.
10. Support staff in delivering the mission of Circulate San Diego, and contribute to the overall growth and development of the organization.
11. Maintain a fun and personable attitude, with both community members and staff. Have a good sense of humor, and be enthusiastic about wearing a super hero costume while engaging with school children.
12. Perform related work as required dependent on the necessary skills, experience and aptitudes, and subject to such additional responsibilities falling within the general duties of the position.
As a staff member of Circulate San Diego the Outreach Coordinator is expected to contribute to its overall mission, and:
• Participate in the team working approach of Circulate San Diego;
• Assume responsibility for following all policies and procedures;
• Attend staff, Board, committee and other internal meetings, as required;
• Take responsibility for personal training and development;
• Provide a high level of client service at all times; and
• Project and maintain a positive image on behalf of Circulate San Diego
• Experience in outreach related to active transportation, Safe Routes to School, and general planning projects;
• Passion for education and community engagement;
• Strong oral and written communications skills; and
• Spanish fluency
Interested candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Link or email to apply: http://www.circulatesd.org/outreach_coordinator
Apply by date: 07/31/2019