Job Title: Park & Recreation Planner/Designer (3+ yrs)
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: http://www.ktua.com
KTUA is in search of an inspired, creative, and motivated individual with a passion for community based design and healthy placemaking. The ideal candidate is a planner/designer with 3+ years of experience in parks and recreation planning and design as well as other interests and skills in planning. Responsibilities include development of planning studies, master plans and concept plans, community engagement, research, planning and design document development and production. Projects are typically located throughout Southern and Central California.
KTUA is an award winning firm with a diverse team who likes to work hard and play hard. We have a passion for design encouraged by observing the world and sharing our travels, hosting field trips to our sites, and charretting in our office as a team. The diversity of project types and the variety of scales of our projects keep us engaged. We are constantly evolving by learning new techniques and processes. You might catch us on Halloween getting competitive in our pumpkin carving contest, or eating carne asada tacos during our parking lot summer BBQs, or in search of the most obnoxious present for our annual white elephant gift exchange during the holidays. We are a group who focuses on client satisfaction. We are designing places to play, celebrate, learn, gather, and relax. If this sounds interesting to you, we would love to talk with you about your experience.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in planning, landscape architecture, architecture, or urban planning/design.
- Three or more years of planning/design experience in private consulting or public agencies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Creative Suites required.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and SketchUp are preferred.
- Experience with ArcGIS, other 3D modeling, and visual simulations are a plus.
- Strong report writing, research, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Motivated self-starter able to work in a team environment and independently.
- Favorable background check and ability to travel.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA (Citizenship or current VISA/Green Card).
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Negotiable based on experience. Anticipated range $52-65,000.
KTUA is a well-established planning and landscape architecture firm with a diverse project base. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a creative and dynamic work environment in our San Diego, California office.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- 125 Cafeteria Plan Allowing Pre-Tax Expenses
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Stock Options and Profit-sharing Plan
- Bike and Transit Commuting Benefits
- Vibrant urban neighborhood, 10-minute walk to Balboa Park
- Hybrid work schedule
Position available immediately and will remain open until filled. Email a cover letter, resume, and writing/graphic samples or a link to an online portfolio to email@example.com, no phone calls please.
Link or email to apply: http://www.ktua.com/career/
Apply by date: 04/15/2022