Job Title: Planner
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: https://latitude33.com/jobs/
Latitude 33 Planning and Engineering is an established land planning and civil engineering firm, providing comprehensive services that range from conceptual land planning to detailed engineering, grading and infrastructure design, as well as construction support to both the private and public sectors of the land development market. Our experience includes the planning and design of residential, educational facilities, hospitals, biotechnology, commercial, civic, industrial, and mixed-use developments. Planning and civil engineering are closely integrated for a comprehensive interdisciplinary team approach to a project’s design.
Latitude 33 currently is seeking candidates for the following positions:
We are currently seeking a Planner with mid-level experience (approximately 3-6 years) in land development in Southern California to assist us in providing our clients with high quality urban planning services. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with in-house staff and coordinating with in-house engineers to prepare and process entitlement applications;
- Interpreting zoning codes and development regulations;
- Conducting site research and preparing due diligence reports;
- Reviewing projects for conformance with land use and zoning regulations;
- Coordinating with outside consultants, clients, and City and County staff;
- Preparing presentations for community planning groups and other stakeholders; and
- Preparing or amending land use plans/policy documents.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Public Policy and/or related degree;
- Ability to read and interpret federal, state, and local planning regulations/municipal codes;
- Knowledge of land planning principles;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Effective organization, time management, and prioritization abilities;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge of Adobe Suite is desirable;
- Graphic or physical design skills are a plus; and
- Experience in the San Diego region is preferable.
This would be a part-time position with future potential to become a full-time position opportunity.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Link or email to apply: https://latitude33.com/jobs/
Apply by date: 08/31/2021