Job Title: Planner/Grant Writer
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: http://www.woodardcurran.com/
At Woodard & Curran, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
We currently have an opportunity in our Southern California offices (San Diego, Laguna Hills, Los Angeles) for a Funding Project Manager. Our Funding team prepares funding applications and manages funding contracts for water, wastewater, recycled water, and storm water projects. Our strong and growing backlog of water resources projects will provide an opportunity to apply your planning and grant writing skills to challenging and important efforts throughout California.
- Interpret and disseminate information on new funding programs and evaluate funding program eligibility
- Prepare funding (grant and loan) applications, including summarizing engineering and environmental reports related to water resource projects
- Conduct benefits analysis, both quantitative cost/benefit analysis and qualitative benefits descriptions
- Support clients in negotiating funding contracts with State and federal funding entities
- Administer funding contracts on behalf of clients, including submittal of contract deliverables, progress reports, invoices and reimbursement requests, and amendments
- Manage funding projects and teams (including subconsultants)
- Prepare presentations and papers for water resources conferences
- Manage several projects simultaneously
- Conduct business development, client outreach, marketing, and proposal preparation
- At least 5 years of experience in funding support and grant writing
- Master’s Degree in Science, Planning, or Engineering desirable but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Public Policy, Social Science, or other related planning degree and background
- Experience in Federal, State, and local funding programs related to water industry is preferred
- Detail oriented and ability to manage complex excel tracking of funding contracts
- Experience with, and strong ability to, collaborate with others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to serve as a resource and mentor to less experienced staff members
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Link or email to apply: https://osv-wc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Municipalwest/job/San-Diego-CA/Planner-Grant-Writer_R00450
Apply by date: 02/02/2018