San Diego – California
Latitude 33 Planning and Engineering is an established land planning and civil engineering firm, providing comprehensive services that range from conceptual land planning to detailed engineering, grading and infrastructure design, as well as construction support to both the private and public sectors of the land development market. Our experience includes the planning and design of residential, educational facilities, hospitals, biotechnology, commercial, office, industrial, and mixed-use developments. Planning and civil engineering are closely integrated for a comprehensive interdisciplinary team approach to a project’s design.
Latitude 33 currently is seeking candidates for the following position:
PLANNER II – LAND USE/ENVIRONMENTAL
We are currently seeking a Land Use/Environmental Planner to work as adjunct staff to the County of San Diego. The candidate will work at the County of San Diego, Planning and Development Services Department, assisting in the review, processing, and entitlement of large, complex County projects.
Candidate should have Bachelor’s degree in either Urban Planning, Environmental Planning, Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Public Policy and/or a related degree.
- Three+ years of experience.
- Experience in writing and reviewing Environmental Impact Reports and other CEQA documents.
- Well versed in the entitlement of large projects.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- In-depth knowledge of land use planning.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Conduct discretionary project review for large, complex projects.
- Write various reports and project comments.
- Prepare scoping letters.
- Conduct field visits.
- Write/review environmental documents.
- Advise citizens and developers during the application process to ensure compliance with County regulations.
- Prepare and present staff reports to Planning Commission and County Board and attend public hearings for assigned projects.