Job Title: Planner/Project Manager
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: www.circulatesd.org
Circulate San Diego is hiring a new member of our Circulate Planning team at either a Planner or Project Manager level. The new teammate will help Circulate to effectively deliver and manage active transportation planning and community outreach projects. The Planner/Project Manager will ensure projects are completed on time, on budget and to agreed quality standards. The Planner/Project Manager will work under the supervision of the Director of Planning and works closely with cities, public agencies, community groups, local stakeholders and residents.
Full benefits include health care, 401(k) with employer match, generous vacation days, and a fun value-oriented working environment.
1. Deliver assigned projects in accordance with funding agreements and contracts, ensuring that all policies and procedures are followed, and all goals and objectives are met.
2. Lead on-the-ground programs such as Safe Routes to School, outreach and education programs, pedestrian safety workshops, advocacy trainings, walk audits, community assessments, open streets and pop up events, data collection, etc.
3. Produce technical reports, Geographic Information Systems and data collection analysis, and public outreach documents.
4. Support marketing and communications efforts through the development of blog posts, social media and marketing documents.
5. Create and maintain accurate, organized, and complete project files including all documents required for local, state, and federal regulatory compliance, and all project related materials, reports, documents, contact lists, meeting notes, etc. for necessary and effective delivery.
6. Produce regular written and oral activity reports for supervision, for the Board and as required by funders.
7. Monitor project expenditure, maintain accurate records and submit monthly expense reports.
8. Assist in the compilation of data and light research necessary to design and deliver projects to a high standard and in a timely manner.
Creating excellent mobility choices and vibrant, healthy communities.
9. Contribute to the development of project proposals, development of leads, identification of potential new funding opportunities, marketing and publicity materials.
10. Support other staff and the Board in delivering the mission of Circulate San Diego and contribute to the overall growth and development of the organization.
11. Represent the organization in meetings with other nonprofit groups and public sector organizations and foster collaborative working relationships to accomplish mutual goals and objectives.
12. Organize broad community support and advocate in targeted jurisdictions to promote active transportation in communities and for specific improvements in neighborhood pedestrian environments.
13. Perform related work as required dependent on the necessary skills, experience and aptitudes, and subject to such additional responsibilities falling within the general duties of the position.
14. Support the Director of Planning in Business Development, and the development of new programs.
As a staff member of Circulate San Diego, the Planner/Project Manager is expected to contribute to its overall mission, and:
• Participate in the team working approach of Circulate San Diego;
• Assume responsibility for following all policies and procedures;
• Attend Board, committee and other internal meetings, as required
• Take responsibility for personal training and development;
• Provide a high level of client service at all times; and
• Project and maintain a positive image on behalf of Circulate San Diego.
• Master’s Degree in City or Urban Planning or five years or more of related work experience
• Passion for education and community engagement
• Good knowledge of GIS and Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Spanish a plus
Position open until filled. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Catherine Thibault at email@example.com
Link or email to apply: http://www.circulatesd.org/workwithus
Apply by date: 01/31/2019