APA San Diego Distance Education Opportunities
APA San Diego makes available video (PowerPoint/audio) recordings of selected events held throughout the year. Viewing opportunities for CM credits will be announced through our e-mail blasts and posted on our home page.
APA California Distance Education Opportunities
Six sessions from the Anaheim 2014 conference are now available for individual or group viewing through the end of 2015. Both law and ethics sessions are available. For more information, please visit the APA California website.
APA National Online Course Available
The American Planning Association now offers a series of online courses on the latest topics in planning, hosted by Captus Press.
Each course contains interactive multimedia presentations and downloadable PowerPoints. Progress quizzes to consolidate your learning and a discussion group where you can interact freely with other planning professionals is available for each course. Check out the Course Catalog and registration information.
APA San Diego AICP CM Credit Status
AICP CM Credits are now available for:
- Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan (1.5)
- Transit Oriented Development Implementation Forum (10.25)
- 2014 California Legislative Update Webinar (1.5 law)
- Climate Action Planning: A Regional Perspective (2.5)
- Keeping Your Ethical Compass Close By at the Office (1.5 ethics)
- Urban Greenways Workshop to Redesign 14th Street (2.0)
- #e.28501 Video SB 743 Guidelines: Updating Transportation Metrics in CEQA (2.0, 1.5 law) available for CM: Winter 2014
- SB 743 Guidelines: Updating Transportation Metrics in CEQA (2.0, 1.5 law)
- Building Regional Connections: A Two-Part Transit Tour (6.5)
- The San Dieguito River Park Trail: River and Trail Planning (2.0)
- Tour of Downtown Central Library (1.5)
- Pure Water San Diego: The City of San Diego’s Purified Water Program (2.0)
- The Power of Streets: Unleashing the Power of Urban Corridor Plans (6.25)
- Resolving Land Use and Environmental Conflicts Through Mediation (1.5 law)
- Trees and Solar Power: Natural Partners (no really)! (5.0)
- Planning the Urban Forest (1.5)
- Collaborative Planning: A Navy Perspective on Energy & Mission Compatibility (1.5)
- Regional Transportation Planning on the California/Baja California Border (1.5)
- When Business Friendly Happens to Planners (1.5 ethics)
- Housing Development Law & Policy Seminar (2013) (7.0, 1.5 law)
- Future of Redevelopment in San Diego (1.5)
- The Regional Stormwater Permit (1.0)
- UC San Diego North Campus Neighborhood Site Tour: Walking Tour of the UC San Diego North Campus: Highlighting Sustainable Buildings, and Landscape and Stormwater Features (1.5)
- Crafting the New Normal (4.75)
- Community Revitalization Along the 101: How Beach Cities Are Getting It Right (1.5)
- Housing Development Law and Policy Seminar (7.0, 1.5 law)
- Best Practices Workshop – Housing Elements (3.0, 1.5 law)
Meaning of “CM Credits Pending”
Often when an event is posted on the APA San Diego website, you will find the term “CM Credits Pending”. This means that APA San Diego has filed a CM credit application with APA national but final approval has not yet been received. We do this as a convenience for our members who appreciate knowing about events well in advance. Please note however that CM credits cannot be reported until after the approval is obtained.