Job Title: Project Associate (Urban Design/Planning)
Job Location: Pasadena
Employer Website: https://www.migcom.com
MIG, Inc. is a national firm specializing in planning, design, communications, management, science, and technology. We believe that the environment around us has a profound impact on our lives and our shared vision: is of a world where people, communities, and ecosystems thrive. For over 35 years, MIG has engaged the talents and vitality of top professionals who plan, design, and sustain environments that support human development. Our team members are passionate about their work and share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities impacted by our work.
We invite an entry- to mid-level urban design and planning Project Associate to join our diverse team in Pasadena, CA.
Responsibilities – What You’ll Accomplish
- Collaborative Teammate: You will work as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline team that creates designs and plans for communities of all size across the U.S., as well as higher education institutions and campuses and development projects for both public and private sector clients.
- Project Work: You will support a team of planners, designers, and Project Managers in all aspects of project design and implementation, including meeting facilitation, research, writing, development of materials, meeting support, content analysis, administration and client interaction.
- Project Types: The projects you will typically work on will include general plans; downtown, corridor, and specific plans; zoning and development codes; housing policy plans; community engagement meeting, including using online tools; strategic planning; park and recreation master plans.
This is a full-time, hourly position. MIG works on projects nationwide; some travel, evening, and weekend work will be required for community engagement, site evaluations, or to meet deadlines. MIG encourages a work-life balance, and these excess hours can be offset during the week when possible.
Experience and Qualifications for Success – What We’d Like to See
To accomplish the responsibilities, you will be able to manage competing priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition, ideally you have some combination of the following qualifications:
- You will have a Bachelor’s degree in urban design/planning or a related field. (A Master’s degree in a complementary field is a plus.)
- You have relevant consulting experience in planning, urban design, or a closely related field.
- You are local or willing to relocate to work 2-3 days/week in the Pasadena office (post-COVID).
- You are able to produce high-quality work products, including but not limited to meeting or research summaries; planning document and poster board layouts; mapping;
- You speak easily and clearly in front of groups and can participate in small and large group discussions.
- You have excellent skills in graphics and document presentation and written and verbal communication.
- You are an adaptable teammate who is willing to pitch in and help others.
- You have software proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in GIS, AutoCAD, and/or SketchUp is a plus.
- As a plus, you are bilingual with Spanish language skills.
How to Apply
If this position sounds like a fit for your skillsets and you are passionate about creating and improving communities, we would love to hear from you! Please email your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIG values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer; we encourage candidates of all backgrounds, physical abilities, and military veterans to apply. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, FSA and HRA with employer contributions, and 401K matching. Our teams enjoy a flexible work schedule, a rewarding work environment, and a creative atmosphere. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Candidates may be required to take a skills assessment in graphic production and/or writing.
Link or email to apply: https://www.migcom.com/jobs
Apply by date: 11/30/2020